The Fall Prevention Kit Giveaway (The “Sweepstakes”)
Official Rules and Regulations
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING. THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS INTENDED FOR PARTICIPATION IN THE CONTIGUOUS UNITED STATES (EXCLUDING ALASKA, HAWAII AND PUERTO RICO). DO NOT ENTER IF YOU ARE NOT ELIGIBLE AND LOCATED IN THE UNITED STATES AT THE TIME OF ENTRY.
1. SWEEPSTAKES PERIOD: Starts November 10, 2021 at 5:00:00 PM Central Time (“CT”) and ends November 22, 2021, at 02:59:59 PM CT (the "Sweepstakes Period").
2. ELIGIBILITY: To be eligible to enter and be eligible to win, you must be a legal resident of the forty-eight (48) contiguous United States and the District of Columbia (excluding Alaska, Hawaii and Puerto Rico) who is 18 years of age or older. Persons in any of the following categories are NOT eligible to participate or win a prize: (a) any person who, at any time on or after November 10, 2021, was or is a director, officer, or employee of Scootaround Inc., or its parent, subsidiaries, franchisees, agents, suppliers, or service agencies; (b) individuals engaged in the development, production or distribution of materials for the Sweepstakes or engaged in the administration or execution of this Sweepstakes (collectively with the entities in 2(a), the “Sweepstakes Entities”), and (c) members of the immediate family (spouse, parent, child, sibling and their respective spouse) of and persons who reside in the same household as any person in any of the preceding categories. Void in Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands and other U.S. territories and possessions, and where prohibited by law. Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws.
3. HOW TO ENTER: NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. During the Sweepstakes Period, you can enter via the website at https://scootaroundstore.com/en/fall-prevention-kit-giveaway (the “Website”). You will be required to complete the online entry form with your full name, phone number, date of birth, your valid email address, state, and who will use the Prize. You will also be required to confirm your age and read and accept these Official Rules and Regulations (“Official Rules”) in order to receive one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes draw (an “Entry”) (See Rule #4 for draw details). Limit: maximum of one (1) Sweepstakes entries per person/email address during the Sweepstakes Period (maximum of one (1) Entry, as defined above). If any entrant attempts to enter in excess of the stated limits using multiple email addresses or identities, his/her entries may be declared null and void, in which event any prize he/she might have been entitled to may not be awarded, in Sponsor’s sole discretion.
4. RANDOM SWEEPSTAKES DRAWS: On November 25, 2021, at approximately 10:00 AM CT, a random draw will be conducted to select one (1) entry from among all eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period (the “Potential Prize Winner”, and, if verified, “Prize Winner”). The draw will take place in Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada. The odds of winning depend on the total number of eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period. Potential Prize Winner will be eligible to win the Sweepstakes Prize, subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules (see Rule #5 below for prize details).
5. SWEEPSTAKES PRIZE (1): Prize Winner will receive One (1) Stander Home Fall Prevention Kit. Approximate Retail Value $575.99 USD. Delivery is included in the Prize; setup and configuration are not included.
Total approximate retail value of all prizes available to be won: $575.99 USD.
Prize is not transferable or redeemable for cash, and must be accepted as awarded, with no substitutions of any kind, except by the Sponsor, who reserves the right to substitute a prize (or portion thereof) with one of comparable or greater value, at its sole discretion.
Any and all warranties and/or guarantees on the Prize (if any) are subject to the respective manufacturers’ terms therefore, and Winner agrees to look solely to such manufacturers for any such warranty and/or guarantee.
All federal, state and local taxes (including income and withholding taxes), if any, as well as any other costs and expenses associated with prize acceptance and use not specified herein as being provided are Winner's responsibility. All prize details are at the Sponsor's sole discretion. A confirmed Winner who resides in the United States will be issued an IRS 1099 form for the retail value of the prize.
6. HOW TO CLAIM YOUR PRIZE: Potential Prize Winner will be contacted by email address and phone number provided during entry with instructions on how to claim the prize. If applicable, a prize won by an entrant who is eligible but still considered a minor in his/her jurisdiction of residence will be awarded to a parent or legal guardian of such minor, who must sign and return all required documentation and otherwise comply with all requirements imposed on Winner set forth herein. Before being declared a Winner, Potential Prize Winner (or parent/legal guardian where applicable), will be required to execute and return an Affidavit of Eligibility/Liability & Publicity Release and a W9 form within seven (7) business days from the date they are postmarked as having been sent by the Sponsor's representative or the prize may be forfeited. If a Potential Prize Winner is found to be ineligible or not in compliance with these Official Rules, declines to accept the prize, if Sponsor is unable to contact a Potential Prize Winner within a reasonable period, or in the event that a prize notification or prize is returned undeliverable, the prize will be forfeited and, at the Sponsor's sole discretion, prize may be awarded to an alternate Winner. Sponsor may select up to three (3) alternate prize winners; thereafter, if a Potential Prize Winner cannot be verified in accordance with these Official Rules, the prize will not be awarded. Potential Prize Winner (or parent/legal guardian where applicable) may be required to furnish proof of identification to determine eligibility.
Allow 4-8 weeks from the date of verification for shipment of your prize. Sweepstakes Entities shall not be held responsible for any delays in awarding a prize for any reason outside of their control. Prize will only be delivered to a verified Winner. Any unclaimed prize will not be awarded. Sponsor is not responsible for any change of mailing address, email address, and/or telephone number of entrants.
By accepting a prize, Winner consents to the use of his/her name, address (city and state/province/territory of residence), voice, and statements relating to the Sweepstakes or Sponsor, and photographs or other likenesses, without further compensation, notification or permission in any publicity or advertising carried out by Sponsor, its designees and agents, or any related entities in any and all media now known or hereinafter developed without territorial or time limitation, except where prohibited by law.
CONDITIONS OF ENTRY:
7. By entering, entrants (i) acknowledge compliance with these Official Rules including all eligibility requirements and, (ii) agree to be bound by the decisions of the Sponsor, made in its sole discretion, which shall be final and binding in all matters relating to this Sweepstakes. Entrants who have not complied with these Official Rules are subject to disqualification and all associated entries will be void.
8. The Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entrant's entry into the Sweepstakes (and void all associated entries) or entitlement to a prize, if, in the sole discretion of the Sponsor, it determines or suspects that the entrant has attempted to undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes by cheating, hacking, deception, or other fraudulent, deceptive or unfair playing practices (including any entries generated by script, macro, robotic, programmed, or any other automated means or any other means which subvert the entry process).
9. If a dispute arises regarding who submitted an online entry, the entry will be deemed to be submitted by the authorized account holder of the email address provided at the time of entry and he/she must comply with these Official Rules. Authorized account holder is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. Each entrant may be required to show proof of being an authorized account holder.
10. As a condition of entering, entrants (or as applicable, their parents or legal guardians if eligible minors) agree: (a) to release Sponsor and Sweepstakes Entities, and each of their officers, directors, employees and agents, from any and all liability, loss or damage incurred with respect to participating in the Sweepstakes or the awarding, receipt, possession, and/or use or misuse of any prize, (b) that under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental, consequential, or any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses; (c) all causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes, or any prize awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; and (d) any and all claims, judgments, and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, and in no event will entrants be entitled to receive attorneys' fees and court costs.
11. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel, modify or suspend this Sweepstakes at any time, if fraud, technical failures, including any network server or hardware failure, viruses, bugs, errors in programming, or any other errors or other causes corrupt the administration, security, integrity or proper play of the Sweepstakes. In the event of cancellation, Sponsor reserves the right to select the Winner from among all eligible, non-suspect entries received up to the time of such cancellation. In no event will Sponsor be liable for more than the value of the stated prize(s) available.
12. Sweepstakes Entities do not warrant that access to the Sweepstakes will be uninterrupted. Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible for any problems that may arise, including but not limited to; (a) lost, interrupted, inaccessible or unavailable networks, servers, satellites, Internet Service Providers, websites, or other connection, availability or accessibility problems arising in connection with or over the course of the Sweepstakes; or (b) communications failed, jumbled, scrambled, delayed, or misdirected computer, telephone or cable transmissions or hardware or software malfunctions, failures or difficulties; or (c) failure of personal computers and/or software and hardware configurations, any technical malfunctions, failures, or difficulties, printing errors, clerical, typographical or other error in connection with the administration of the Sweepstakes, the processing of entries, the offering or announcement of the prize or in any prize notification documents; or (d) for any other errors of any kind relating to or in connection with the Sweepstakes, whether human, mechanical, clerical, electronic, or technical in nature; or (e) the incorrect or inaccurate capture of information, or the failure to capture any information in connection with the Sweepstakes; or (f) damage to a user's system occasioned by participation in this Sweepstakes or downloading any information necessary to participate in this Sweepstakes. Sweepstakes Entities are also not responsible for lost, late, delayed, garbled, stolen, incomplete, misdirected, illegible, damaged, postage-due or undelivered mail or entries. Proof of transmission (screenshots, etc.) does not constitute proof of delivery.
13. Any attempt by an entrant or other individual, to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of this Sweepstakes, including but not limited to any fraudulent claims, is a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek remedies and damages (including attorneys' fees) from any such individual, to the fullest extent permitted by law, including criminal prosecution. Entrant engaging in any of the foregoing activities may be disqualified (and all associated entries will be void) and may forfeit any prize won, in Sponsor’s sole discretion.
14. In the event of any conflict with any Sweepstakes details contained in these Official Rules and Sweepstakes details contained in Sweepstakes materials (including but not limited to point of sale, television, and print advertising, promotional packaging, and other promotion media), the details of the Sweepstakes as set forth in these Official Rules shall prevail.
15. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the substantive laws of the province of Manitoba, Canada without regard to Manitoba or any other conflicts of law principles. All entrants consent to the jurisdiction and venue of the federal, provincial and local courts for Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada.
16. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Official Rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these Official Rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein. In particular, Sponsor's employees are not authorized to waive, modify or amend any provision or provisions of these Official Rules in any manner whatsoever.
17. This Sweepstakes is subject to all federal, state/provincial/territorial, and municipal laws.
18. This Sweepstakes is solely sponsored by Scootaround Inc., 1345 Waverley St #302, Winnipeg, MB, Canada, R3T 5Y7 (“Sponsor”).
19. The Winners List for the Sweepstakes will be posted online at https://scootaround.com/en/contest-winners after the prize has been awarded.
21. This Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Twitter, or any other social network. You are providing your information to Scootaround Inc. and not to any other party.